Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Combining Two Addictions

You all know about my love of miniature gardening. Another favorite of mine are African violets.  They just add a little something special. Even when the weather is gloomy, steaming or freezing, these little suckers are blooming. Finding new colors and flower patterns is always a challenge. UNTIL NOW!!! Let me introduce you to The Violet Barn. They specialize in unusual varieties with superior blooming and growth habit.
 

African Violets: Every kind imaginable

Ma's Red RoverRob's ScrumptiouRob's BoolarooShown from left to right:
Standards.
 Grow 10-12" or more in diameter.
Miniatures.  Grow 6" or less in diameter.
Trailers.  Spreading plants. As baskets or as
     ground covers.   


They also have all sorts of  plants for the indoor garden, including MINIATURES!!! Just take a look at these lovelies. Now my two addictions are combined, miniature gardening and violets.
 
  miniature violetsThis is just a small sampling of what they offer. I just kept looking and looking and looking. These are their own hybrids. Rare colorations and varigated foliage. I THINK I'M GOING TO FAINT.....

 http://violetbarn.com/index.html

18 comments:

  1. Wow, I could not choose - I would want them all! I love going to nurseries and planting flowers and shrubs - but I am not good at designing landscaping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire the indoor gardener who is successful with African violets. They can be difficult, but the results are so worth it ... love em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gardening too, but don't have any African violets. Need to try those, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I'm so glad you were able to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful! It makes me really wish I had a green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Who knew? I'll be visiting shortly. My terrarium needs a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother has a lot of violets! I love how they seem to be made of velvet! Beautiful delicate flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful! But please don't faint lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love African violets! Thanks for the info and the website!
    -RomanticThoughts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to do this! I'd love to paint them, too, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such yummy colors, you must have such a beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete